Are you needing plumbing service in Tempe for your home? As a homeowner, calling a plumber can be a good thing and at times a bad thing. You might be calling just for an easy repair for a leaky pipe or you might be calling because you have a backed-up drain causing more problems than you ever imagined. Either way, Hansen Family Plumbing is your #1 Tempe plumbing service that will help get your home’s plumbing running smoothly.
Hansen Family Plumbing has been servicing the Tempe area and the greater Phoenix area for 13 years. We have a team of highly qualified and experienced plumbers that will properly administer the latest plumbing techniques to every one of our customers and their plumbing needs. As your Tempe plumbing service experts, Hansen Family Plumber wants to be your source for every plumbing need in your home. You may not think about your home’s plumbing until it becomes a problem, but we are here to help you know your home’s plumbing now and in the future when you need any plumbing services.
Tempe Bathroom Plumbing Service
Your home’s bathroom is a daily used area of your home and you want to ensure that everything is working properly to continue that use. Making sure that the plumbing to your bathroom is in tip-top shape will help you avoid any overwhelming issues. However, there are those times when plumbing problems do occur and you might not be sure why or how it happens. When you do come across these bathroom plumbing problems, we are your Tempe plumbing service pros that can get your bathroom plumbing issues resolved. Hansen Family Plumbing is here to help you in every way possible.
A toilet is the most used item in your home that you care to think about only when you need to use it. However, when you experience any toilet problems, you just want it fixed as soon as possible. As easy as it is to use a toilet, it does have many parts that over time can cause issues due to normal use. Parts such as the tank, handle/trip lever, fill tube, float, chain, overflow tube, flapper, flush valve seat, trap, closet bend, and supply valve. All these parts of a toilet can become problems in some form that may require a repair or a toilet installation. Here is a list of typical toilet problems that a Tempe plumbing service can help you address.
Typical Toilet Problems
- Leaks and clogs – Caused by misadjusted flush valve, a worn-out flapper, loose seal at the base, worn or detached tank to bowl connections, a clogged drain line, not enough water in the tank, old pipes, issues with the trap, or an item was flushed that was not supposed to be flushed.
- Tank issues – From dripping noise, tank constantly filling, or low water level. These can be caused by a crack in the overflow tube, the flapper is not sealed tight or cracked, the chain is not allowing the flapper to seal, the float is not properly set, or the fill tube is damaged or positioned incorrectly.
- Flushing problems – Leads to back-ups in your tub or sink after your flush by a clogged sewer line, ghost flushing caused by a weak flapper allowing water to slowly drain out of the tank. Toilet running after flushing which could mean issues with the float, flapper, or fill tube.
- Overflowing toilet – An overflowing toilet is a huge disaster. No one wants to think about or have to deal with this type of toilet problem but it can happen. What can be caused by a clogged or backed drain, blocked vent pipe, or high filler float.
If you have any of these toilet problems don’t stress call your Tempe plumbing service experts at Hansen Family Plumbing and we will get your toilet repaired or installed immediately.
Bathroom Sink Plumbing
The sink in your bathroom is another essential part of your bathroom needs and also has plumbing parts that provide its overall purpose. A bathroom sink and faucet have several parts to operate the water temperature, hold the water in the sink, and bring water in and out of the sink. It is a very detailed plumbing system that can come with its own set of plumbing issues.
Common Bathroom Sink Problems
- Noisy and Leaky faucet handles- It’s possible your noisy faucet is due to a washer that is either the wrong size or is not held securely to the stem. The most common causes for sink faucets leaking include defective parts like o-rings, washers, and gaskets.
- Buildup – You may see some mineral buildup in your bathroom sink which is caused by water sitting on the sink’s surface until it evaporates. Once the water is gone at times it will leave behind water minerals. You may see rust as well which is from water carried through rusty old galvanized pipes.
- Low Water Pressure – If you are not getting enough water from your bathroom sink there are a few reasons why this is happening. You may have a plugged water aerator, clogged water supply line, the water shut off valves are not completely open, or there is a flow restrictor in place.
Bathroom Shower and Tub Plumbing
Your bathroom shower and tub are yours and your family source to having healthy hygiene. Having the right plumbing function for these items is important to your family’s daily routine and when they are working right it just makes a lot of routine things difficult. From taking morning war showers to relaxing in a luxury bath, you want to make sure that your bathroom tub or shower plumbing won’t let you down. When you experience any of the following bathroom problems, call Hansen Family Plumbing for your Tempe plumbing service needs today.
Routine Bathroom Shower and Tub Problems
- Shower Drain – If the water in your tub or shower is not draining quickly then the drain is clogged. The drain can be clogged by soap buildup, dirt, and hair. Long hair can easily clog shower drains and the soap buildup makes it worse.
- Clogged Showerhead – Hard water is the reason why showerheads become clogged. Hard water means that your water has high levels of calcium, magnesium, and, sometimes divalent and trivalent metallic elements.
- Cracked Shower pan – Just like every used appliance in your home, your shower pan will go through some wear and tear. Typically, cracks, breaks, and or splitters can be caused by bad drainage and faulty installation.
Tempe Kitchen Plumbing Service
Your home’s kitchen is an important part of your home and many of the used appliances require plumbing to work properly. From the sink, garbage disposal, dishwasher, to the refrigerator, these items need water and are connected to your home’s plumbing system. Each one of these appliances can have plumbing problems that a Tempe plumbing service like Hansen Family Plumbing can promptly repair or install whenever possible.
Kitchen Sink Plumbing
A kitchen sink has a lot of responsibility to a household’s everyday routine. Your family rinses and washes dishes after meals, you rinse off your food, wash your hands, and probably a lot of other cleaning tasks in your kitchen sink. As vital as this feature of your house can be, there may be times when you will encounter a few issues with your kitchen sink’s plumbing.
Common Kitchen Sink Plumbing Problems
- Faucet Issues-. Sometimes issues from the kitchen sink faucet can come from not being properly installed causing leaks. If your sink also makes a noise then the issue may be from the fixtures washer or handles but maybe the pipes depending on the type of noise.
- Low Water Pressure – If you are not getting enough water from your kitchen sink faucet it may be the aerator or the faucet cartridge. Both of these items must be taken out, clean, or replaced.
- Leaks from underneath a sink – These types of leaks are hard to detect and calling a local Tempe plumbing service is the right way to go. At times the leak can come from the drain, P-trap, or the faucet.
Garbage Disposal Plumbing
Having a garbage disposal can make cleaning up food a lot easier. Garbage disposals eliminate the hassle of placing uneaten food in the trash where it will end up smelling. Although garbage disposal is a great appliance to have, if not used properly it will cause issues that will require you to call a Tempe plumber to fix or replace your garbage disposal.
Typical Garbage Disposal Problems
- Won’t turn on – Sometimes the garbage disposal motor will overheat and trip the safety switch. This means the garbage disposal is overworked and has caused the fuse to pop.
- Humming noise – If you turn on your disposal and you only hear a humming sound, then this means that something might be jamming the blades.
- Slow process – The garbage disposal should work very quickly to grind up food and drain it all fast. If it is taking a while to break down the food, the blades could be dull, or you could have a clog in the pipe.
- Leaks – Disposal leaks usually mean an O-ring needs to replaced or a crack unit. However, It all depends on where the leak is coming from but most likely will need to be replaced.
Another helpful kitchen appliance is the dishwasher. A dishwasher assists your family in cleaning dishes easily and helps eliminate germs and bacteria from your dishes. The purpose of a dishwasher supports your family health by eliminating harmful components from the dishes you eat off of but a dishwasher can have some issues that relate to your home’s plumbing.
Routine Dishwasher Problems
- Clogged inlet screen – If your dishwasher takes a while to fill, a clogged inlet screen restricting the water flow may be the reason. Water contains minerals and sediment and after time the screen in the supply line of your dishwasher will need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Drain – Some water left at the bottom of your dishwasher after a cycle is normal. If water is during the cycle or after when you open the door, then the dishwasher drain is most likely clogged.
- Leaks– One reason your dishwasher may be leaking is because of the water supply line. This line may be leaking under the dishwasher.
If you have an advanced refrigerator with an ice maker and a drinking water dispenser, then your home refrigerator requires a hook-up to your home’s plumbing system. Even though it is very nice to have the ability to get ice and filter drinking water from your regular refrigerator, there can still be some issues that could require assistance from a Tempe plumbing service.
Common Refrigerator Plumbing Problems
- Pipe leaks – The pipe that connects your refrigerator to your water supply can leak. One cause of water leaking from your refrigerator onto the floor is a blocked defrost drain.
- Clogged Pipe – A clogged or frozen water supply line will cause water to puddle beneath the refrigerator.
Why is hiring a plumber is better than doing the repairs yourself?
At Hansen Plumbing we understand that some household tasks can be easily done by the homeowner. You might think you have a simple plumbing issue until you realize you are in over your head. Plumbing involves some rather complicated repairs, maintenance, and installation of different plumbing systems. Here are some reasons to hire a Tempe plumbing service professional rather than doing it yourself.
Licensed plumbers must be experienced in and knowledgeable in the plumbing industry before working on customers’ homes. This means a licensed plumber has gone through extensive training and testing to receive a license and should know every safety precaution and plumbing technique.
Saves You Time
A plumbing professional means that they perform complex plumbing tasks for a living. You might on the other hand don’t do plumbing for a living and plumbing repairs and maintenance may take you longer to accomplish. A Tempe plumbing service professional should be able to do the repairs, maintenance, or installation in half the time you can.
Safety and Regulations
Although you might have thought of all the scenarios that could go wrong in doing your plumbing issue yourself, a professional typically is ahead of you. As part of a Tempe plumbing service professional licensing, they must adhere to all safety and regulations to perform a plumbing service.
How to tell when you should call a Tempe plumbing service?
Some plumbing issues can look like a quick fix but then again you are not sure. You might not even be sure when you should call a Tempe plumbing service. Luckily, we are here to help. Here is a list of plumbing issues to watch out for and call Hansen Family Plumbing for your plumbing needs.
- Low water pressure
- No hot water
- Overflowing toilet
- Faucets won’t stop dripping
- Your water smells like garbage
- Your drains will not drain
- Serious Back-flow Issue
- There is No Water Available
- Burst pipe
- A Pipe won’t stop leaking
- Toilet won’t stop running
- Basement flood
FAQ’s when hiring a Tempe Plumbing Service
Q: Are you licensed?
A: Many homeowners assume all Tempe plumbing service professionals are licensed. This is not true. Make sure you ask to see updated licensed documentation.
Q: How long have you been in business?
A: The more experience a Tempe plumbing service has the better.
Q: Do you have any references?
A: If you were not referred by someone, ask to see what others have said about the Tempe plumbing service.
Q: What is your payment process?
A: Depending on your plumbing needs, you might want to know how the Tempe plumbing service expects payment.
Q: What makes you the best choice for my plumbing needs?
A: The answer to this question really depends on what you are looking for in your plumbing needs. It may be price, reputation, or company values.
Tempe Plumbing Services
Contact Hansen Family Plumbing for the best Tempe plumbing services. We are the leading plumbing service in Tempe, specializing in kitchen plumbing, bathroom plumbing, hot water heater repair and installation, video inspections, drain cleaning, sewer and pipe cleaning and repair, and so much more. If there is a plumbing service you need that you do not see on our website, contact our team to discuss further. We have decades of combined plumbing experience and are knowledgeable in all areas. We pride ourselves on providing high-quality plumbing services at an affordable rate. For Tempe plumbing services are the team to call.