DRAIN CLEANING SERVICES
We’ll Get Your Drains Flowing Smoothly Again
Hansen Family Plumbing and Air offers reliable plumbing services to homes and businesses in Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe, Scottsdale & surrounding areas. After over a decade in business, and with an emphasis on delivering top-notch customer service, we are confident we can solve your plumbing woes.
Let us put our family values of open communication, integrity, and punctuality to use in your home—contact us to schedule an expert drain cleaning service today.
Cities in Greater Phoenix We Serve:
- Queen Creek
At Hansen Family Plumbing, our goal is to clean your home’s drains quickly and efficiently without compromising the quality of our services. We utilize numerous drain cleaning techniques to meet your needs based on your situation. These include:
- Drain cabling
- Video camera inspection
- Enzyme drain cleaning
- Sewer drain cleaning
- Drain repair
WHY CHOOSE US?
Here are some of the qualities that set us apart from other plumbers in Arizona:
- Wide range of expertise: No matter the size and scope of your project, we’re here to help. From a single slow drain to several severe clogs throughout the building, our years of experience give us the knowledge and skills required to solve the problem.
- Exceptional customer service: We are family-owned and -operated, and as such, we treat every customer like a member of the family. Our rates are upfront and honest, and we do everything possible to avoid miscommunications with our clients.
- Trusted by home and business owners: Hansen Family Plumbing and Air is proud to be a top source for reliable plumbing in Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe, Scottsdale & surrounding areas! Check out our 5-star rating on Yelp, 5-star rating on Google, and A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
COMMON DRAIN CLEANING ISSUES
It’s easy to take your plumbing for granted, but as soon as your pipes develop a clog, you quickly realize how much you rely on fast-flowing drains for everyday tasks. If you have a backed-up sink or bathtub on your hands, you need drain cleaning services to get things flowing smoothly again. Here are the types of drain issues we can help solve:
- Clogged kitchen drains
- Clogged bathroom drains
- Sluggish drains
- Clogged toilets
- Clogged garbage disposals
- Backed- up floor drains
- Clogged sewer drains
SIGNS YOU NEED DRAIN CLEANING SERVICES
Don’t wait until your drain is completely clogged to seek help! Watch for these signs that you need to have your drains cleaned:
- Slow drains: Keep an eye on your sinks, toilets, and bathtub drains. If they start acting sluggish, a visit from a plumber can set things right before you have a plumbing emergency on your hands.
- Unusual noises: Bubbling toilets, gurgling drains, or other sounds coming from your plumbing system are probable symptoms of drain issues.
- Unpleasant odors: When your drains don’t function as they should, sewage and waste can build up in the pipes, resulting in an unpleasant odor.
- Multiple clogs occurring simultaneously: This is a sign that the pipe obstruction is located far down the sewer line, affecting numerous drains in the building as a result.
- Standing water: If your sinks and tubs reach a point that they don’t drain at all, you need to call a plumber as soon as possible!
COMMON CAUSES OF CLOGGED DRAINS
Essentially, any time an object besides water flows down the drain, it’s possible for a clog to form. Here are some common causes of clogged drains:
- Allowing hair, soap particles, dirt, grime, and other foreign objects to flow down the shower or sink drain
- Flushing facial tissues, paper towels, feminine hygiene products, baby wipes, small toys, and other non-waste, non-toilet paper items down the toilet
- Disposing of cooking oil and grease, chicken bones, fruit pits, fibrous vegetables, and other unapproved items down the garbage disposal
- Failing to maintain your plumbing, which can lead to a sewer line collapse, mineral buildup, and tree root intrusion
DIY DRAIN CLEANING VS. PROFESSIONAL DRAIN CLEANING
If you notice slow drains developing, it may be possible to clean them with DIY approaches, such as using a plunger or renting a plumbing auger. However, we highly recommend avoiding drain-opening chemicals. These are temporary solutions, so the problem usually returns before long. Plus, when used frequently, harsh chemicals can damage your pipes.
If plunging or snaking the drain yourself doesn’t do the trick, call Hansen Family Plumbing and Air for professional drain cleaning service. When you do, you can expect to enjoy:
- Superior drain cleaning that stands the test of time
- Highly competitive rates
- Personal safety
- Guaranteed results
TIPS FOR PREVENTING CLOGGED DRAINS
While it’s possible to learn how to properly clean drains, the best option is to avoid clogs altogether. Here are some tips to prevent clogged drains:
- Never pour grease down the drain.
- Run food scraps through the garbage disposal sparingly.
- Never pour paint, paint thinner, or other chemicals down the drain.
- Place a mesh screen over kitchen and tub drain openings to catch hair, soap, bits of food, and other debris that could clog the drain.
- Pour near-boiling water down all the drains in your home once a week.
DRAIN CLEANING COSTS
The cost to clear a clogged drain depends on several factors, including:
- The source of the clog: For instance, a foreign object lodged near the drain is much faster and easier to remove than a blockage caused by tree roots.
- The technique needed to clear the clog: Minor clogs can be removed with snaking or plunging.
- Repairing vs. replacing a drain line: If the sewer is repairable, this option almost always costs less than replacing it. Still, our trenchless sewer replacement techniques save our customers money compared to traditional trench-digging methods.
- How to Locate a Drain Cleanout Valve
- Do Not Flush List
- Do Not Put in Garbage Disposal List
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How much does it cost to snake a drain? Snaking the main sewer line typically costs about $100 to $250. Complex or difficult clogs may cost up to twice as much.
- Can I snake my own drain? Hand-crank plumbing snakes are available for purchase or rent at local hardware stores. While this may be an option for some clogs, it can be a messy, time-consuming job. For the best results, we recommend hiring a plumber for professional drain cleaning, especially if the clog is severe or complicated.
The next time you’re faced with a clog, choose Hansen Family Plumbing and Air for professional drain cleaning. Give us a call with any questions you have or to schedule a visit from our qualified plumbers in Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe, Scottsdale & surrounding areas!