Faucet Repair Services
We Fix Leaks, Squeaks, and Low Water Pressure
The next time you need a faucet repaired or installed, turn to the experienced plumbers at Hansen Family Plumbing. We are the go-to plumbing service for homes and businesses in Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe, Scottsdale & surrounding areas. With over a decade of experience and top-notch ratings on Google and Yelp, you know you can count on us!
We’ll complete your faucet repair or installation quickly and affordably. Contact us to schedule plumbing services today.
At Hansen Family Plumbing, our intention is to help every homeowner in the Tempe area enjoy a problem-free plumbing system. This includes ensuring you get the most from your faucets. Here are the types of plumbing fixtures we repair and replace:
Common Faucet Issues
At Hansen Family Plumbing, our experienced crew is capable of repairing any plumbing fixture in your home or business. Some of the most common problems we address include:
- Dripping taps
- Leaky faucet handles
- Low water pressure
- Rust and mineral buildup
- Squeaky faucet handles
- Excessively noisy water flow
- Faulty kitchen sprayer
Part of a Faucet
- Escutcheons & flanges
- Aerators & adaptors
- Handles, levers & controls
- Faucet stems
- Stem screws
DIY Faucet Repair vs. Professional Faucet Repair
If your faucet is experiencing signs of wear and tear, you may want to attempt the repair yourself. Sometimes, repairing a leaky faucet is a simple job, but not always. If you don’t have any plumbing experience, it’s usually worthwhile to leave the job to a professional. Here’s why you should trust Hansen Family Plumbing to fix your broken faucet:
- Save time
- Avoid the mess and hassle of attempting the repair yourself
- Don’t worry about having the right tools on hand
- Enjoy superior repair work that lasts
- Receive warranty protection
- Ensure your personal safety
What Causes a Faucet to Leak?
As with other systems in your home, faucets wear out eventually. Here are some common causes of leaky faucets that our team can repair:
- Corroded valve seat
- Worn out washer
- Problem with the O-ring
- Mineral deposits in the aerator
- Loose stem screw
- Defective gaskets
Tips for Preventing Broken Faucets
Keep your bathroom and kitchen faucets looking and functioning great with these tips:
- Wipe down the fixture with a damp cloth and multipurpose cleaner once a week to keep rust and grime at bay.
- Remove the aerator from the tap and soak in vinegar once a year to remove mineral deposits.
- Avoid turning the water on and off too fast. Gently turn the knob or handle to increase or decrease the flow of water gradually.
- Hire a professional to replace your faucets. This ensures they are installed correctly.
Need Repair or Replacement?
Signs it’s time for repairs:
- Dripping/water damage
- Damaged parts
- Weird sounds
- Rust/mineral deposits
- Squeaky handle
Signs it’s time for replacement:
- If your faucet is too old
- If you need constant repairs
- If you have damaged sink/counter space
Faucet Repair Costs
The quote you receive for your faucet repair may vary based on several factors, including:
- Labor costs
- The type of faucet that’s broken
- How many fixtures need repair
- The cause behind the leak or other faucet problem
- How long the problem has persisted
- Whether you end up replacing the faucet
Outdoor Faucet Repair
Outdoor faucets endure conditions that are unique to their environment and require additional care to ensure their safety and functionality. While some issues may be tackled by the homeowner, others are more complex and require the services of an experienced professional to prevent further damage or disruption in service. Common issues and fixes for outdoor faucets include:
A dripping faucet (also known as a “hose bibb”) may seem relatively minor, but if left unchecked, it can result in an increase in your monthly water bills and lead to water infiltration through the foundation of your home. As the saturated soil beneath the hose bibb causes the ground below to expand, water pipes may be forced up against the foundation wall, leading to a leak in the concrete slab. Luckily, dripping faucets can be relatively straightforward to fix if you have general plumbing knowledge and the right tools. Often, the solution is as simple as replacing a washer.
Over time, exposure to the elements and general use may lead to damage, corrosion, or wear and tear on the hose bibb, which may then need to be replaced. Although you may be tempted to replace the outdoor faucet yourself, this task is best left to a professional, as improper installation may lead to damage to other components or water leakage behind your walls. A plumber who is licensed, bonded, and insured will have the knowledge and experience to complete your outdoor faucet replacement effectively and efficiently, swiftly handling any unexpected surprises along the way.
Lack of Water or Weak Flow
When you turn on your outdoor faucet to discover nothing more than a slow trickle of water or no water at all, it’s a sign that something serious is amiss. There may be a blockage within the faucet itself or further down the line, or there may be an issue with the vacuum breaker. Our skilled plumbing technicians will quickly diagnose the source of the problem, then advise you on any necessary repairs.
You can avoid most issues with your outdoor hose bibb by following these preventive measures:
- Be careful not to overtighten your faucet, which can cause unnecessary wear and tear on rubber gaskets or lead to drips and water leakage.
- Winterize your faucet by draining and removing the hose, covering the faucet with an outdoor faucet cover, and turning off the water supply to the faucet.
Call (480) 356-9587 to schedule outdoor faucet repair today!
Why Choose Us?
Hansen Family Plumbing is proud to be the number one contractor for all your plumbing needs, including faucet repair. Here are some of the characteristics that make us one of the best plumbers in Arizona:
- Wide range of expertise: We have experience completing every aspect of plumbing repair, making us the go-to plumber for everything from faucet leaks to backed-up toilets to water heater replacements.
- Exceptional customer service: Our primary goal is to provide a hassle-free experience for every customer. Expect honest, upfront rates and a level of courtesy that will make you feel like a member of our family.
- Trusted by home and business owners: We place a strong emphasis on integrity and maintaining an open line of communication with our customers. Our commitment to you will be apparent from our very first interaction!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the most common types of faucets? Faucets come in many varieties. Some of the most common include ball faucets, cartridge faucets, disc faucets, and compression washer faucets. No matter what kind of fixture you have, our plumbers can repair it.
- How much does it cost to fix a broken faucet? The average cost to repair a faucet leak ranges from $65 to $150. The cost may be higher or lower depending on the extent and cause of the problem. Fortunately, most leaks are inexpensive to repair, especially if you address them quickly.
- Can I repair my own faucet? Some plumbing knowledge is needed to perform even the most basic faucet repair. Since the source of the leak can vary, and different types of faucets have different repair techniques, we recommend hiring a plumber for this job, especially if the leak is severe or causing structural damage to your home.
- Is it possible to fix low water pressure at the faucet? If low water pressure only affects one sink in your home, the source could be the aerator, cartridge, or pullout spray head. There might also be a blockage in the water supply pipe. If multiple fixtures suffer from low water pressure, you may need to install a water booster to increase the flow of every faucet. No matter the issue, Hansen Family Plumbing can perform the repair you need.
- What causes a faucet handle to squeak? The threads inside the handle may be worn out. By disassembling the faucet and applying the proper lubrication, our plumbers can make your old faucet work quietly again.
With Hansen Family Plumbing, you can expect a pleasant experience every time you interact with us. Our team is licensed, bonded, insured, and background-checked to ensure the best results.
Give us a call at 480-356-9587 with any questions you have or to schedule faucet repair with our qualified plumbers in Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe, Scottsdale & surrounding areas!